There are several MS-DOS and Windows command line errors;”Bad command or file name” is one of them. This error is usually caused by misspelling a command or if the command entered by you is not a valid command for your version of MS-DOS or Windows. It was started in the BASIC interpreters of the 1980s and denotes a “syntax error” message. The main reasons behind this error can be:
- You might have tried to execute a file that is not recognized by your system.
- Simply misspelling the command you have typed can be the cause of this problem
- You might be trying to run a program that has not been installed on your system.
- There could be the problem with the path statement in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file. The PATH statement determines which directories the system should automatically search for programs that you are running.
- Try to check the command you are running for spelling errors.
- Ensure the command you are trying to run is in the directory you are in.
- If you are trying to run a command in another directory that can be accessible from anywhere, edit the‘PATH’ command in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
If you encounter “Bad command” error, follow the given recommendations:
Follow the given steps to fix this issue
STEP 1. . Locate the which line that is mistyped in your autoexec.bat or config.sys that”s causing this issue.
STEP 2. In Windows Startup menu, choose step-by-step confirmation.
STEP 3. Once chosen, the computer will prompt you to say “Yes or No” to each command stored for your computer.
STEP 4. Say ‘Yes’ to each of these commands, until you find the error. Once you locate the error, write down the line you said Yes to.
STEP 5. Edit your ‘autoexec.bat / config.sys’, once you get back to Windows. Find the file and try to correct the line.
If you are still unable to fix this issue, we at iYogi,can assist you to resolve your Bad Command Error issue. iYogi is the world’s fastest growing provider of comprehensive direct to consumers and small business remote tech support. iYogi’s global tech experts located globally provide a new approach to solve problems and help customers.
Our extremely skilled technical experts assist you to get rid of any software or hardware related problem. Amongst the pioneers, we provide software/hardware upgrade and installation. We make sure that each customer ends calls only when the problem is resolved.
We make use of the latest available software and technology to solve your particular problems. You can get the answers of all your queries by just dialing iYogi number or on a simple chat iYogi Certified Technicians.With our never to sleep offer, we provide customer services as per your convenience. We give proper attention to each and every call to provide the best available online customer services.