Gateway® e4300 Review
Gateway e4300 consists of two series of desktops namely, 4 bay and 6 bay. Both 6bay and 4bay series can be expanded according to the need of the user. This series of desktops are capable of handling a second hard drive or even a removable media drive and provide sufficient area for the required expansion.
Gateway e4300 series of desktops have a wide range of peripherals and software. All the services related to the use of Internet are also well supported so that it provides maximum value and all the demands of customers are met. Both the series of Gateway e4300 desktops are highly by users. The fan that is included in the design can work faster when the temperature inside goes high by pushing out more quantity of hot air.
Gateway e4300 4 bay and 6 bay series of desktops are almost similar in performance even though the technical specifications for both series differ slightly. 4 bay has a floppy drive of 3.5 inch and a capacity of 4.5 MB. The optical drive in 4 bay series of Gateway e4300 includes a CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD/CD-RW COMBO or Double Layer Multi Format DVD writer. This series of laptops also has a high-definition audio that is provided by Intel. In the case of 6 bay series of desktops, the floppy disk drive has a capacity of only 1.44 MB. The optical drive of 6 bay series consists of 48 X/32 X/48 X CD-RW/DVD combination drives.
- FIVE – ProcessorGateway e4300 series of desktops uses an Intel Pentium 4 processor. Both the 4 bay and 6 bay series use a chipset of Intel 915G. The Intel Pentium 4 540J processor that is used is of 3.2 GHz speed and has a cache of 1 MB and a 775 pin LGA. More details on exact type and speed of the processor used can be found from the system properties dialogue box.
- FOUR – MemoryGateway e4300 series of desktops have four DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module sockets with up to 4 GB of system memory. Gateway e4300 series of desktops support DDR2 with capacities that range from 330 MHz to 533 MHz. Both these series of Gateway e4300 desktops are not compatible with DDR memory.
- THREE – PortsGateway e4300 series of desktops can have up to four front I/O ports. Both the 4 bay and 6 bay series of desktops have nine rear I/O ports. Gateway e4300 series of desktops are provided with two USB 2.0 ports, one microphone and one headphone front I/O ports that are common to both series. Rear I/O port includes four USB 2.0 ports, one IEEE 1394 port, one serial, one parallel, two PS/2, one RJ-45 integrated LAN, one VGA (monitor), one microphone and one audio in/out that are common to both the 4 bay and 6 bay series.
- TWO – Disk ControllerGateway e4300 4 bay and 6 bay series of desktops are provided with an integrated ultra ATA 100 and serial ATA 150, and one channel for floppy drive. Both these series are provided with four serial ATA channels each of them supporting one device on a controller. Two devices on a controller are also supported by one IDE channel.
- ONE – Certifications and NetworkingGateway e4300 series of desktops have FCC Class B, ICES-003, UL 1950, CSA C22.2, Green PC and Energy Star Compliant certifications. Ethernet, fast Ethernet and gigabit Ethernet are the data link protocols that are used in 4 bay and 6 bay series of Gateway e4300 series of desktops. Both series also consist of an integrated network adapter.
Gateway e4300 4 bay and 6 bay series of desktops provide maximum performance and value to users at a reasonable price.