Extended Warranty Terms & Conditions
Major Plan Coverages
Mechanical and/or Electrical Failure
Power Surge Coverage
24/7 Customer Service Availability
No Lemon Benefit
Major Plan Exclusions
Unauthorized Repairs, Improper Installation
Consumer Replaceable Items, Add-On Items and/or
Service for No Problem Found, Customer Education
Accidental, Willful or Intentional Damage
This is a legal contract referred to hereinafter as the “Service Contract” and indicates the terms and conditions, limitations, exceptions and exclusions included herein and Your Service Contract purchase receipt and constitute the entire agreement. By purchasing it, You understand that it is such a contract and acknowledge that You have had the opportunity to read the terms and conditions set forth herein. This is not a contract of insurance. Please read these terms and conditions carefully so that You fully understand Your coverage under this Service Contract.
DEFINITIONS: “You” and “Your” indicates the purchaser of this Service Contract or the person to whom it was properly transferred. “We”, “Us”, and “Our” indicate the Provider/Administrator of this Service Contract. Unless indicated below or specified in the individual state disclosure, iYogi Inc., 291 Broadway, Suite 803, New York, NY 10007 is the Obligor and Bankers Warranty Group Inc. 11101 Roosevelt Blvd. N, St. Petersburg, FL 33716 is the Provider/Administrator of this service contract. “New Product” indicates any covered product, which is 11 months old from its date of purchase and has a minimum thirty (30) day original manufacturer’s parts and labor limited warranty remaining at the time of purchase of this Service Contract. “Used Product” indicates any covered product, which is more than 12 months old from its date of purchase and has less than a thirty (30) day original manufacturer’s parts and labor limited warranty remaining at the time of purchase of this Service Contract or is out of manufacturer’s warranty.
TERMS AND COVERAGE: The term of this Service Contract commences on the date of purchase of the Service Contract. For New Products, coverage commences on the date of purchase of this Service Contract and is inclusive of the remaining manufacturer’s warranty. This Service Contract does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty, but provides certain additional benefits during the term of the manufacturer’s warranty. After the manufacturer’s warranty expires, this Service Contract continues to provide the manufacturer’s benefits as well as certain additional benefits listed within this Service Contract. For Used Products, coverage commences on the thirty-first (31st) days after purchase of this Service Contract and for new products, coverage commences post expiration of 1 year extended warranty. This Service Contract provides the manufacturer’s benefits as well as certain additional benefits listed within this Service Contract after expiration of the manufacturer’s warranty. This Service Contract does not have a deductible. ALL CLAIMS MUST BE REPORTED PRIOR TO THE EXPIRATION DATE OF THE SERVICE CONTRACT.
IF YOU NEED SERVICE: Call the toll free number listed on Your Service Contract and have Your Service Contract number available. A customer service representative will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Administrator may perform a telephone diagnosis of the product failure. If Your covered product is deemed defective, at the Administrator’s sole determination, You will be instructed as to the procedures for obtaining service applicable to Your covered product. You may be asked to provide proof of purchase of this Service Contract as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract.
Except as described in the Wireless Products Plan Coverage Section below, this Service Contract does not have a deductible.
WIRELESS PRODUCTS PLAN COVERAGE: COVERAGE COMMENCES ON THE FIFTEENTH (15) DAY AFTER THE PURCHASE DATE OF THIS SERVICE CONTRACT.
Your product will be repaired or replaced due to 1) mechanical and/or electrical failures that occur during normal use and operation and/or 2) (ADH) failure due to unintentional and accidental damage, such as drops, bumps, liquid spills or cracks associated with the handling and use of Your product. You will be eligible for one (1) replacement during the term of this Service Contract. This Service Contract provides for a new or remanufactured model for model replacement. If Your specific product model is not available Your product may be replaced with the next available upgraded product model, or at Our sole option, Your covered product may be replaced with a model with same/upgraded features and functionality.
Deductible (Wireless Products Only): Your credit card will be charged a deductible for each claim reported that results in a repair or replacement of Your product and it will be collected at the time of service authorization. The deductible is based on the product retail price according to the schedule below:
|Non-I Phone||$ 50.00|
|I Phone & Galaxy||$100.00|
REPAIR PLAN COVERAGE: This Service Contract provides coverage for Your eligible product for mechanical and electrical failures that occur during normal use and operation in accordance with the manufacturer’s written specifications. Replacement parts utilized will be new, rebuilt or non-original manufacturer’s parts that perform to the factory operational specifications of the product at Administrator’s option. In no event shall the Administrator be liable for damages as a result of the unavailability of repair parts. If Administrator determine, at Administrator’s discretion, that Administrator cannot repair Your product due to the unavailability of functional replacement parts, technical information or it is not cost effective, Administrator have the option to replace Your product with a new or reconditioned product of like kind and similar features, capacity and/or efficiency or Administrator may elect to pay You a cash settlement in accordance with the Service Contract Limits of Liability; Aggregate Limit Section below. The Administrator will not be responsible for product upgrades, matching brand or color or for any modifications or construction that may be necessary as a condition of service. You may be required to return the original defective product to the Administrator at Administrator’s expense. Replacement of a covered product or payment of a cash settlement amount will fulfill this agreement in its entirety and will cancel and discharge further obligations under the Service Contract.
This Service Contract provides coverage for products utilized exclusively in private, single-family residential property for the personal use of the resident(s) and for commercial, industrial, governmental, or organizational purposes.
FOR ALL COMPUTER PRODUCTS: The Administrator will provide the initial troubleshooting and technical support for the covered computer product listed on the face of this Service Contract and/or Your purchase receipt. Hardware technical support will be limited to the proper configuration, and proper operation of the hardware components. Technical support for software will be limited to the proper operation of the manufacturer approved and pre-installed operating system and application software. Software support shall not constitute tutorial assistance or instruction. The Service Contract does not cover software and virus related issues, customer installed software, customized software applications and hardware components installed after the original purchase date.
POWER SURGE PROTECTION: This Service Contract protects against operational or mechanical failure of a covered product resulting from a power surge while properly connected to a surge protector approved by the Underwriter’s Laboratory. Your surge protector may be collected by the Administrator for examination.
NO LEMON BENEFIT: The No Lemon Benefit does not include repairs performed by the manufacturer under its limited warranty as defined in the Manufacturer’s Warranty Section. If the same part fails three (3) times in Your covered product and that product requires a fourth repair on the same part, as determined by the Administrator, the Administrator may replace the failed product with a new or reconditioned product of like kind, similar features capacity and/or efficiency or the Administrator may elect to pay You a cash settlement in accordance with the Service Contract Limits of Liability; Aggregate Limit Section below. You may be required to return the original defective product to Administrator at Our expense. Replacement of a covered product or payment of a cash settlement under this benefit will fulfill this contract in its entirety and will cancel and discharge further obligations under the Service Contract, where allowed by law. Preventative maintenance checks, cleanings, product diagnosis, customer education, accessory repairs or replacements are not considered repairs for the purposes of this benefit.
TYPES OF SERVICE AND SERVICE LOCATION:
On-Site Service: Repairs will normally be performed On-Site at Your location. In some instances On-Site Service may require the service provider to bring the unit back to their shop to complete repairs. In-Home/On-Site service will be provided by the authorized service provider during regular business hours, local time, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Depot/Mail In Service: This Service Contract includes 3-Way shipping and provides a shipping container to and from an authorized depot service center. You will be asked to provide proof of purchase of this Service Contract as a condition for receiving service under this Service Contract.
MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY: For failures that occur during the manufacturer’s warranty period, parts and services covered during the manufacturer’s warranty period are the responsibility of the manufacturer and are not covered under this Service Contract, unless specifically stated otherwise. For failures that occur after the manufacturer’s warranty expires, this Service Contract continues to provide the benefits provided by the manufacturer’s warranty, as well as certain additional benefits as listed within the terms and conditions. Administratoris not responsible for providing service for failures that occur during the manufacturer’s warranty period, regardless of when such failures are reported to Administrator, the manufacturer, or any other entity.
SERVICE CONTRACT LIMITS OF LIABILITY; AGGREGATE LIMIT: The total amount Administrator will pay for repairs made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Contract shall not exceed $499.99. In the event that Administrator make payments for repairs and/or a cash settlement, which in the aggregate, are equal to $499.99 or Administrator replace the product Administrator will have no further obligations under this Service Contract. Technological advances may result in a current retail cost of a replacement product with a lower retail price than the original purchase price of the product.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER THE SERVICE CONTRACT: For the Service Contract to remain valid and active, You must maintain Your covered product in accordance with the requirements set forth by the manufacturer’s specifications, including maintenance and cleaning. You must provide proper electrical requirements as specified by the manufacturer. You must assure full cooperation with the Administrator and authorized service provider during any telephone diagnosis and repair of the covered product including accessibility of the covered product. If you request service and it is determined to be a non-covered repair, You will be responsible for all costs associated with the repair including the diagnostic fee/trip charge to evaluate Your product.
- Products or parts with a lifetime warranty.
- Consumer replaceable items including but not limited to: lamps, bulbs and housings, fuses, chargers, and cables, or any other parts or materials which are designed to be consumed during the life of the product; 3D glasses required for viewing 3D capable products whether included with the original covered product or not; all adaptors and remote controls.
- Any add-on accessories and/or peripherals that were purchased in addition to and/or separate from the covered product including but not limited to components or modifications required to operate 3D capable products such as add on transmitters, hardware, software or 3D glasses. Any batteries such as but not limited to: internal batteries, external batteries, GPS batteries and rechargeable batteries whether consumer replaceable or not.
- Non-operational components, including the removal and/or re-installation of the following but not limited to: cabinetry and cabinet frames, decorative finishing, door liners, glass, handles, and knobs; and cosmetic damage that does not impede the functionality of the product.
- Damage resulting from unauthorized repair; electrical wiring and connections; connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by the manufacturer of the product; damage caused during delivery, improper installation, or setup; user-facilitated minor adjustments and settings outlined in the product’s owner’s manual; inaccessible products or parts; negligence, misuse or abuse of the product.
- Any damage from heat sources, warping, scratching, denting, chipping, sun fading, tarnishing, pitting, staining, punctures, tears, ink markings or cigarette burns, water or liquid marks or rings, cleaning stains caused by dyes, acids and corrosives.
- Failures due to corrosion, rust, dust, animal/insect infestation or damage; Acts of God such as fire, lightning, water, windstorm, sand, dirt, hail or earthquake; exposure to weather, moisture, and other environmental conditions; civil disorders; riot; nuclear accident; malicious mischief; theft, loss or vandalism.
- Your failure to follow the instructions and/or recommended use as described in the product’s owner’s manual, manufacturer’s recommended cleaning, alignment and maintenance procedures and requirements; failures related to installation of required software/firmware as indicated by the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Image burn-in; pixel defects which are not covered by the original manufacturer’s warranty or are considered acceptable under the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Payments for subsequent service calls, including trip charges which result in no problem found diagnosis, customer education and non-failures as determined by the Administrator whereby a repair is not required to return Your product to normal operating condition in accordance with the manufacturer’s written specifications are not covered.
- Failure, inoperability, or disruption of any product or product functions due to any manufacturer recall; failure, inoperability or damage to Your xBox 360 due to Microsoft’s “Red Ring of Death”.
- All rental products, self-servicing applications (Laundromats, copy centers, gyms, etc.).
- Failures arising when products are utilized inconsistent with either the design of the product or the way the manufacturer intended the product to be used.
- Liability or damage to property, or injury or death to any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or damages caused by improper preventative maintenance.
- Products with altered, removed or missing serial numbers.
- Conditions, which existed prior to Your purchase and delivery of the Service Contract. Special, indirect, incremental, incidental or consequential damages; loss of use.
- Any service request or situation which may pose a health risk to Administrator’s technicians or service providers, including but not limited to animal/insect infestation, mold, or fungus; whether or not such circumstances were a result of a covered failure.
- Any cost associated with the demolition of walls, cabinetry, shelving, countertops, etc. to access the product, wiring, components, etc.; failure related to installation of firmware; failure due to enclosed installations that limits proper ventilation.
- Any software, media or virus related issues; loss or damage to stored data, loss or damage due to computer viruses, items left in Your product, such as but not limited to, computer media, personal items and batteries and computer hardware or software that is added after the original purchase date as indicated on Your purchase receipt.
- Product failures due to an unexpected and unintentional external event that arises from Your normal daily usage of the product.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE OBLIGOR OR THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THIS SERVICE CONTRACT OR THE RETAILER FROM WHOM YOU PURCHASED THE SERVICE CONTRACT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, ANY DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE, LOSS OF DATA, USE, PROFITS, OR BUSINESS DURING THE REPAIR PERIOD OF THE PRODUCT (S) OR WHILE OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS.
REPEAT SERVICE: If Your covered product should require service more than once within a sixty (60) day period, the service must be performed by the original authorized service provider.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICE AND DELAYS: Service will normally be available during the normal work hours and workdays of the authorized service providers. The Administrator will make a reasonable effort to provide timely service or repair of Your product, however Administrator cannot be held liable for service delays beyond the Administrator’s control or any damages that may arise out of delays including but not limited to consequential damages. In the event that Your service is delayed more than thirty (30) business days, the expiration date of Your Service Contract will be extended by the repair time in excess of thirty (30) days. In the case of an emergency outside normal working hours, reasonable efforts will be made to expedite service for those situations. In the event You are unable to keep Your scheduled appointment with a service provider, You must call to cancel the appointment in advance of the agreed upon time of service or You may be responsible for paying the second trip charge for the subsequent rescheduled repair.
FIVE (5) DAY SERVICE: (For Depot and Mail In Service Contracts only) If Your product is not repaired or replaced within five (5) business days of receipt at the depot/service/salvage center, You will be reimbursed the Service Contract retail price You paid and Your product will be repaired or replaced.
RENEWALS: THIS SERVICE CONTRACT IS NOT RENEWABLE.
TRANSFERABILTY: This Service Contract may be transferred to an eligible party to whom You sell or give the equipment while this Service Contract is in force. This may be accomplished only if You notify the Administrator by mail with the name and address of the new owner within 15 days of the change of ownership.
CANCELLATION: You may cancel this Service Contract for any reason at any time. To cancel Your Service Contract, contact the retailer from which You purchased the Service Contract. If You cancel this Service Contract within the first sixty (60) days after You purchase this Service Contract You will receive a full refund, less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If You cancel after the first sixty (60) days from purchase of this Service Contract, You will receive a pro rata refund based on the time remaining on Your Service Contract, less an administrative fee, not to exceed ten percent (10%) of the price of the Service Contract or twenty-five dollars ($25.00), whichever is less, and less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If the Administrator cancels the Service Contract, You will be refunded the unearned pro rata purchase price of the Service Contract, less any claims paid, where allowed by law. If this Service Contract was inadvertently sold to You on a product which was not intended to be covered by this Service Contract, Your Service Contract will be cancelled and You will receive the full purchase price of the Service Contract. Administrator may cancel this Service Contract at our option on the basis of fraud or misrepresentation.