Computer Repair Services, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-889-6859
Instantly get your computer fixed by highly qualified technicians. Call Now!
Top 5 Consumer Complaints: iYogi Reveals the Five Primary Issues Users Face with Antivirus Installation
May 10, 2011
What are the top complaints from users trying to install antivirus software? According to iYogi, users face five primary issues while installing antivirus software: existing antivirus programs, compatibility, viruses, rogue applications and conflicting versions of software systems
New York, NY, May 10, 2011 - iYogi, the provider of on-demand remote tech support services, announced its first ”Top 5 Consumer Complaints”, a series that provides insights into common complaints from users. These reports are based on the large subscriber base on most common problems faced and the series is aimed at helping people save time and simplify computer use.
In the first report iYogi reviews the top 5 consumer complaints regarding issues directly related to the installation of antivirus software. The below report from iYogi highlights the top issues related to the process.
What is Antivirus Software?
With increase in necessity and demand of these security tools, today there are many antivirus programs available in the market. All the programs vary in features, support and scanning options they offer to consumers. These programs run in the background to detect and remove malicious files that are capable of slowing down your system, leading to system crashes or theft of personal information.
Why is this important?
- Antivirus software is essential for any computer used for surfing the Internet.
- The software helps protect computers from malicious programs and processes.
- The process of installation can be tedious and infuriating at times.
- Understanding the issues that might occur while installing antivirus programs can ease what may seem like a daunting task.
The errors that might occur during the installation process of antivirus software can be caused due to several factors. These errors might seem to be complicated but are not impossible to resolve. What one needs to know are simple rules.
iYogi reviews the top 5 complaints about installing antivirus software:
- Conflicting Antivirus Programs – If there is existing antivirus software on a PC, there is a high possibility of errors preventing the installation of another antivirus program. If the installation process stops midway and states the presence of another security tool, immediately uninstall the existing software. This can be done by going to the ”Control Panel” and clicking on the ”Uninstall/ Remove” option. Then one can proceed with the installation of the new program process.
- Compatibility Issues – Antivirus programs do not always match the computer”s hardware and configurations. Purchasing any antivirus software without checking compatibility may result in a failed installation attempt. As a result, users have reported facing system slowdowns, system crashes or an entire system freeze. If the service pack owned by the consumer does not match the requirement mentioned on the software CD, there are greater chances of facing installation errors.
- Virus Hijacking – Whenever a malicious program has already entered a computer before installing the antivirus software; installation often fails due to existing malicious programs already on a computer. Some viruses like Trojans are strong enough to disable the security center on PCs. To install antivirus programs in such a situation, one might need to first manually remove the malicious files. As this can be a difficult task, it is best to have a tech expert do the job.
- Disguised Security Programs – Downloading or attempting to install antivirus programs from unknown companies should always be avoided. Countless rogue applications are capable of entering your PC in the name of antivirus software – they come disguised as legitimate security tools. As a result, the users have reported paying for something of no use, causing damage and loss to the system, and frequent complaints regarding the loss of important information. Always go for genuine security programs and brands.
- Updated Software – Some versions of particular antivirus software might not be compatible with other operating systems. For e.g. when users try to install an older version of antivirus software to the latest or newer versions of Windows based computer system, they often complain about installation errors. To avoid this, buy a correct version of antivirus software, which will contain software compatible with the operating system.
iYogi”s response to consumer complaints:
“Strong antivirus software from a reputed company is a must for all PC users, given that most people use their computers for communications – both personal and official – and storing their important data in.” said Vishal Dhar, President Marketing and co-founder iYogi. “Every day we receive complaints from customers about system crashes and resultant data loss due to virus attacks and problems faced while trying to install antivirus software in their systems, which our tech experts help resolve.”
iYogi is a global on-demand services company that provides personalized computer support for consumers and small businesses in United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. iYogi”s unique model, including proprietary Digital Service Cloud technology and highly qualified technicians, is designed to eliminate computer-related stress and keep digitally dependent consumers and small businesses protected and productive. iYogi — with its proven global expertise delivery model, intelligent customer insight systems, easy-to-use self-help tools and automated PC optimization and computer support services – offers users a simple yet comprehensive path to digital serenity. iYogi has perfected the remote technical support model to overcome the current limitations of in-store, on-site, or call center services. Major resellers and technology companies are turning to iYogi to improve customer satisfaction, reduce return rates, and deliver a compelling new-value added offering to customers. For more information on iYogi and a detailed list of technologies supported, visit: http://www.iyogi.com.
iYogi Launches Digital Service Cloud
iYogi Launches Digital Service Cloud
iYogi launches Digital Service Cloud
iYogi launches cloud-based service platform
iYogi launches in India, bets SMB opportunity...
Nice Systems to provide analytics support to iYogi...
BANGALORE: Venture capital-funded technical support services company iYogi has turned its...
Asia to become focal point for gauging worldwide consumer behaviour...
iYogi to foray into India by March...
The iYogi Success Story- In Conversation with Uday Challu, Cofounder and CEO...
iYogi does an Indian rope trick, outsources outsourcing...
Mario Armstrong talks to iYogi's Larry Gordon about Business NonStop ...
iYogi looking for 1000 engineers to provide local support for remote tech ...
iYogi, a large independent provider of on-demand remote tech support services, has announced the launch of Business NonStop, a platform to recruit and deploy local on-site tech support engineers. The platform will manage approximately 1,000 ... April -25-2012
Work Market Gains Momentum As On-demand IT Contractor Platform ...
Potential Best Buy Geek Squad Rival: iYogi Business NonStop
Asia's 25 hottest people in business
Managed security services enables iYogi to deliver better services
Verizon secures customer data for iYogi
NCR-based iYogi provides technical support US, UK customers
It's A Global Brand Based In India
@ The Speed Of Disruption
Even for day-to-day hassles, just call India!
Techserve, iYogi to offer new service
Techserve and iYogi tie-up for tech support
DUBAI - Al Futtaim's Techserve on Tuesday announced it's alliance with global remote tech support services provider iYogi to provide on-demand remote tech support for consumers and businesses across the GCC. This is the first time such a service is ... Jan -25-2012
Emirati company aims to soothe away computer frustrations
iYogi runs a 24/7 hotline, offering customers advice on a host of tech issues, including installing software, clearing viruses and simply finding a lost folder, and support services staff can remotely log on to a computer to help solve an issue... Jan -25-2012
Consumers spend more on digital immersion than staying warm
Are Communications Bills Now Bigger than Utility Bills? It Depends
iYogi: An Indian Outsourcing Firm Owth Trackn Gro
India's iYogi plans expansion - to India
iYogi, an Indian company that offers remote help to consumers struggling with technology problems, is planning to expand its service to customers in India and China, after the rapid success... Jan -11 -2011
Top Five Venture Capital Investments In 2010
The verdict is clear. Technology and IT sector continue to be an all time favourite of venture capital firms, if the list of top VC investments in 2010 is a pointer. Two of the top five companies attracting venture... Jan -03 -2011
IYogi raises $15 mn from US-based VC firm, three others
Remote Tech Support Company iYogi Gets A $15 Million Boost From DFJ, Others
iYogi gets $15 million to expand PC help
Seven things to know about Windows 7